The MASU is governed by the Students’ Administrative Council (SAC), a body of students elected each year in a series of election. Elections are organized by the Chief Returning Officer, who also manages a Deputy Returning Officer and a committee of volunteers. To find out more about any of the positions listed below, click on the position to see its description or visit Our People to contact the incumbent. To find out more about MASU elections, please see our Elections Bylaw and Operating Procedure.
Elections for the year 2018 are now open!
- Nominations Period:
Begins on Thursday, January 11th, 2018 at 8:30am
Ends on Wednesday, January 24th, 2018 at 4:30pm
Begins on Wednesday, January 17th, 2018 at 12:00am
Ends on Tuesday, January 30th, 2018 at 7:30pm
Begins on Wednesday, January 31st, 2018 at 7:30am
Ends on Thursday, February 1st, 2018 at 11:59pm
All Candidates Meetings:
- Monday, January 15th, 2018 at 7:00pm in the MASU boardroom
- Wednesday, January 17th, 2018 at 5:00pm in the MASU boardroom
- Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018 at 7:00pm in the MASU boardroom
Fall Elections (September)
Winter Elections (January/February)
- Vice President, Academic Affairs
- Vice President, External Affairs
- Vice President, Student Life
Spring Elections (March)
Please collect your nomination package(s) for Councillor-at-Large or First Year Councillor at the MASU office or find the print-off version here.